Saturday, August 21, 2010

My chihuahua has dry skin (dandruff)... What is a good Shampoo to get for her?

@ a reasonable price?My chihuahua has dry skin (dandruff)... What is a good Shampoo to get for her?
my boston terrier had the asame issues. i bought wags brand shampoo. it is all natural and made iwth wheatgerm as opposed to a detergent. It had worked wonders. I think it was only like 11$ or something in that range.My chihuahua has dry skin (dandruff)... What is a good Shampoo to get for her?
Chances are that your dog has a food allergy! I have 2 Chi's. Chloe is 2 and her dandruff is soooo bad. I found a brand of food that was a healthy skin formula and within 2 weeks her coat was smooth and dandruff free. I tried for a month with the fish oil and...nothing. So try the food and see! Report Abuse

I don't have a shampoo to recommend (I'm also looking for a good one) but our vet told us to make sure to rinse rinse rinse to make sure there is no residue left on them.
Dont know if you wash your chihuahua often but it could be why his skin is dryed. I'm using a shampoo with lanoline for them. You can also give him saffron oil, sun flower or maize in his meal.
try tea tree shampoo or aleo vera. i went to the vets withe the same thing and this was what he recommended
simple solutions with baking soda, my puppies had the same problem with that shampoo and nutro food its gone! good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment