Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What's the best shampoo for a dog with dry sensitive skin?

My dog has the same skin problem. He kept scratching from his dry and itchy skin. My vet and a lot of pet stores have recommended ';Natural Care'; shampoo. Its made of natural ingredients that won't harm you're pet. Also, there are a few types that include oatmeal. I've bought and tried the 8 in 1 oatmeal shampoo before but it only helped the shininess with the coat, it didn't really help the dry sensitive skin. Try buying one that includes oatmeal in it if you want. But you should ask you're vet about it or talk to your pet store employees, majority of them are very educated and passionate as you and can provide good recommendations, if still unsure ask vet, different breeds react differently. =)What's the best shampoo for a dog with dry sensitive skin?
Doggy aotmeal shampooWhat's the best shampoo for a dog with dry sensitive skin?
My dog's skin has been doing pretty well since we switched her over to an oatmeal shampoo (bought it at a pet store).
You should get an oatmeal based shampoo for dogs. Don't bathe it more than once a month. Also, feed it a good lamb and rice dog food. My dog had the same problem. My vet recommended those and it did the trick.
AN OATMEAL SHAMPOO IS WHAT I SUGGEST AND MAKE SURE YOU COMPLETELY RINSE THE HAIR
I have been washing my little doggie with Johnson's Baby Shampoo Lavender. When I bought her at the breeder, the breeder said it was the only dog shampoo she ever uses. You can try putting a conditioner on her after if she has dry skin - has worked for me for many years.
Oatmeal shampoos are good. I started to use Mane and Tale on my dogs. That is the shampoo for horses that people use, too. It works great on my dogs. I also use the conditioner on them.
just look it up on google or yahoo.
kerosene
Talk to your vet about possibly buying a medicated shampoo from them made specifically for your dogs problems. Other than that, any Oatmeal based shampoo is good for dry/sensitive skin. That is what I use most often when bathing my shelter dogs, and my own personal pets.
use a shampoo that has oatmeal in it. i use four paws magic coat Natural oatmeal shampoo, its hypo-allergenic and helps relieve intching and scratching. my dog has skin allergies and this seems to help him,. also the vet told me to use cold water, the hot water tends to dry out their skin causing more itching
Pet store should be able to help you, get one for senitive skin, what else ?Duh!
8 in 1 Pro Pet Salon Shampoos


Pro Pet Salon's premium concentrate shampoos, with extraordinarily rich cleansing and conditioning properties, remove dirt and other buildup without stripping your pet's skin and coat of its natural oils. Offered in a variety of formulas for all of your dogs needs. at petco
You can consult a veterinarian and see what he or she recommends or go to a pet store and look very carefully at all the available dog shampoos.... typically anythining with oatmeal in it can be very soothing to a dog's dry skin. I highly suggest that you do consult a veterinarian first to be on the safe side.
You should get a shampoo with oatmeal in it for dogs.
  • the bees
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment